What's new

Premium Sound System Amplifier Output

Buenosastente

Reaction score
Car
12 Dtec Types Tourer
Hi all,

First pot on here, so go easy on me!

I am looking to upgrade the premium sound system in a recently purchased dtec type s estate.

I have tried everywhere to find details on the output of the amplifier in the system. Would be great if any of you guys could share some info?

Also understand that there is a second amp in the boot for the sub, be good to know details of this and if anyone has upgraded this from utilising the existing amp?

Looking to try and keep OEM look keeping standard HU with Nav, but wanted to upgrade amp, speakers and sub in rear.

Had read that there was a chap called Mercman on Driveaccord.net that made a harness to bypass signal from HU to the amp using the same connector as the amp uses, then converting the other side to RCA's.

www.driveaccord.net

planning to install system
If you have a touchscreen unit you do not need an LOC. The signal out of the H/U before the amp is a clean full range signal. You do not need an EQ to compensate for anything. It's basically the same signal that you would get out of an aftermarket deck. If you want an EQ look at a model that...
www.driveaccord.net
www.driveaccord.net

However, the US accord is a 24pin and the UK a 28pin connector to the amp as we have more speakers. So not sure what to do now and thinking perhaps to just change the speakers. That's why i am interested to see what the amp outputs.

Thanks for any help you can share/give on this.

Cheers,

Adam