What's new

Pressure switch ?!?

jordan_leigh

Reaction score
Car
2007 Honda Accord EX
I have a 2007 Honda Accord EX at around 212,000 miles and I have a few questions because I'm stumped at this point. My vehicle has the check engine and oil pressure light on. The oil pressure light constantly stays on, never flickers or turns off. Whenever I first got the car, which was about a month ago, I borrowed my friends really expensive scan tool and it pulled 2 codes. One for knock sensor and ETC sensor. I replaced those but I know something with my oil is keeping my check engine light on. It's not throwing any other codes whatsoever.
Anyways, there is an oil leak. It took just about 4 weeks from getting an oil change done to not having any oil in my engine. I had my friend whose a master mechanic at my work look at my car and he determined that my oil pressure switch is faulty and the oil leak looks like it's either coming from the pressure switch or from the oil cooler. I replaced my pressure switch last night and my check engine and oil light never went off. I need help in trying to troubleshoot this problem especially since it's not throwing any oil codes.

You need to locate the oil leak first.

Pressure wash as much of the engine compartment as you can, finding the leak will be a lot easier.