What's new

problem with accord alarm system...pls help

emkay

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Jazz
Hi All,

Just got my new accord ctdi ex 57-reg on saturday. Everything was going really well until today! I went to unlock the doors and the indicators blinked once and the doors unlocked as usual. But when I open the doors, the alarm goes off! I cant seem to make it stop! It does stop after 30 sec but then starts up again if the door is opened. I was so confused and bemused i just left the accord at home and took my old jazz instead! I have tried unlocking the drivers door with the key - no difference. Start the engine - no difference. Didnt actually drive it today, i hope the immobilizer doesnt cut in otherwise i wont even be able to take it back to the dealer! Re-lock the doors, wait and unlock - no difference. Thought it might be something to do with the cold(ish) weather this morning but its still doing it now. Im so gutted. User manual doesn't seem to throw up anything of note to help. Any ideas?

lock the doors with the remote, that may solve it, make sure all windows are closed, had this a couple of times on my 54 icdti, yours may be different. I don't know how I fixed it but it seems ok now.

lock the doors with the remote, that may solve it, make sure all windows are closed, had this a couple of times on my 54 icdti, yours may be different. I don't know how I fixed it but it seems ok now.

I have locked the doors with the remote, and all windows are closed :-(

you say you used the fob remote to unlock the car?........the alarm unit within the fuse box and the alarm sounder unit both need to register a disarm signal else any differance between the two will result in the alarm being set off. make sure all your doors inc the boot and bonnet are propperly shut and lock the car. you chould see an led on the clocks/dash. when the blinking changes, your alarm should be armed. takes about 5 mins at the most. then unlock the car and cross your fingers lol. i have only seen this on accords that have had a flat battery before now and once the battery has enough volts (over 12.3v) the alarms disarm quite easy. see how you go bud.

you say you used the fob remote to unlock the car?........the alarm unit within the fuse box and the alarm sounder unit both need to register a disarm signal else any differance between the two will result in the alarm being set off. make sure all your doors inc the boot and bonnet are propperly shut and lock the car. you chould see an led on the clocks/dash. when the blinking changes, your alarm should be armed. takes about 5 mins at the most. then unlock the car and cross your fingers lol. i have only seen this on accords that have had a flat battery before now and once the battery has enough volts (over 12.3v) the alarms disarm quite easy. see how you go bud.

I had a strange feeling it might be the battery..but surely this shouldnt be a problem on a car ive just purchased? Would i be right to ***ume then that if i drive around (feeling very stupid i imagine) with the alarm blaring for a 10-20 miles that should help the battery out and perhaps solve it for now?

bet it is the battery! Start the car and leave it stationary with no electrics on that will charge it enough. Also when its started press the unlock button on the key thats in the ignition.

I'm guessing its the battery too. My civic used to do that, was brand new and the battery would go flat after being parked for a couple of days, and then when i started it up the alarm would sound and emabarres the hell out of me.... Felt like i was stealing my own car....

Take it to Honda, or call the AA, they might be able to tell you if theres a drain on the battery. I did that, and AA man said there was no drain on battery so battery is faulty, Honda duely replaced the battery under warranty. Solved the problem...

Just to update I had this same thing happen to me a couple nights ago, I know battery was fine.
Checked everything, then i took the battery out the fob and put it back in and all was fine, not sure if the batts dying in the fob or not but that seemed to have solved it.

Thanks, but in my case the fob battery had the tizzy fit. But i have experienced what you described when my alternator packed up and drained the battery.