What's new

Problem with parking sensors on mk7 accord 2007

Millsy75

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2 icd
Hi i have a mk7 2007 accord it has parking sensors in the back bumper but nothing when you put in reverse. they look factory fit. Any ideas what i can do . Many thanks chr

Have you checked to see if the bleeper unit is plugged in pr it may be missing. It is located under rhe rear parcel shelf in the boot. It can come loose and may have fallen off. If it is still there check the wiring carefully.

Have you checked to see if the bleeper unit is plugged in pr it may be missing. It is located under rhe rear parcel shelf in the boot. It can come loose and may have fallen off. If it is still there check the wiring carefully.
Can I ask what this box under the parcel shelf looks like?

Well it's round for a start :) Here it is in it's natural habitat, hanging form the top of the boot. I've since jammed the thing in the recess as when hanging free it is way too loud!¬

20211111_221520117_iOS (Small).jpg

I have a what looks retrofit one on the parcel shelf that makes one beep when reverse engaged. I thought it might of been fitted at some point because of detachable tow bar fitted

Well if it beeps I suspect that is not your issue and you also know you have power to the circuit whne reverse is selected. I'd now be trying to find the connect in the wiring loom where the bumper sensors connect and see if that is connected Ok.