What's new

programming fob having lost keys

2lexec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
I have lost the spare key and fob to a 52 plate 2L SE Executive Accord.
Does the key have a transponder or can I get a key that will work cut at the local lock smith?
If I get a second hand 2 button fob from ebay such as this one, how to I get it to sync with my car?

cant post a link for some reason but item is 122719617780 on ebay

thank you

2lexec

You can buy key fob off eBay and program fob however transponder must be specially programmed and used to disable immobilizer

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Thank you saj. Who can program transponder to sync with immobilizer, just dealers?

How do I program the fob so it locks and unlocks the doors?

2lexec

The fob can be programmed by the ignition barrel in the car, there's a sequence to follow later when you get one.

The key chip can usually be copied when cut by a local key cutter.

Littlei said:

The key chip can usually be copied when cut by a local key cutter.
From my own experience, the transponder chip inside the key cannot be copied. You will have to get a blank transponder chip-compatible with the model of the car, and add it to the ECU with a special tool that plugs into the OBD2 plug. For my Accord 2001, auto, CG9 the chip is: Car Key Transponder ID48 The whole procedure takes a minute or so.... The chip that we have in our hondas cannot be copied.

Sorry for delay in reply any good auto locksmith or garage with hds can program, you can program the fobs yourself message back with update ?

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

Keyes needs to be programmed by a dealer or locksmith.

To program a new key fob into a 6th gen Accord that works on RF follow these instructions below-

This procedure clears the transmitter codes and creates new ones, so you must program all remotes at the same time, even if one or more is already working.

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.

Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
2. Press the LOCK button.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position, marked I.

Do this three times!

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

If you've got a trunk/hatch release, hold the button for this function for a few seconds to open boot.