What's new

Quick help please guys...Gearbox Oil

chaosss

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Estate
Guys,

Quick help appreciated. Been doing a full service on my 7th gen (facelift) CDTI today and changing the gearbox oil. I believe the capacity is 2.2 litres. I have put this amount in but it doesn't appear full. On previous cars i have filled until it comes out of the filler hole, is this not the case with the Honda?

Thanks
Chris

I think it is... can't remember how much you need though.

Hi mate
If you look within your owners handbook there is a nut that you can take off and it should be level to that.

The filler hole is on top of the gearbox and you should there should be no oil coming out of that once filled to correct level

Sorry miss read the OP, the level hole is the sude

Have a look hear im sure the pre facelift is the same.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/118-diy-full-engine-service-on-the-pre-facelift-i-ctdi-accord/

Cheers guys, Thanks for the quick replies.

Well it has 2.2 litres in it and I took it for a drive and it seems OK.

Haven't for the handbook (moved house recently so it will be around somewhere so not sure how to check the level but I know it has 2.2 in it so should be fine. Will check in a few days).

As long as you don't have to fill until it comes out the filler hole that is perfect.

Just got to go and put the undertray and engine cover back on and we are all done....good as new!!

Jesus, I wouldn't drive it without knowing :eek:

I'll find my book and check....!

What engine gave you? How many gears?

*edit just saw your first post.*

ok, 2.2 for a change, 2.5 total...

Still can't believe you drove without checking... :rolleyes:

I've recently done my gearbox oil and the following applies to the 2.2 diesel gearbox.

The drain plug is number 14 in the picture below.
Drain plug

The fill plug is number 18 in the below picture and the level check plug is number 29.
Fill and level plug

All 3 plugs should have washers on them and if they don't I suggest you get them to prevent leakages.

The level check plug will begin to overflow at exactly 2.2 litres. This plug and it's washer are very small in comparison to the fill and drain plugs, and at 1st I thought my local Honda had told me the wrong one, but after I did the change it is definitely correct.

Matt

Fantastic diagram thanks.

I was pretty confident at 2.2 litres so it wasn't much of a risk going for a quick drive (I double checked the service post before the test).

Anyway car is all serviced and should keep me going for another 6k until the next oil change (moving to 6k oil changes now as 12k is just too long for oil in a modern TD in my opinion).

So guys can we confirm that the facelift has the same quantity as the pre facelift.

Brett, I've done the oil change on the facelift using the level plug to check the oil level and it took exactly 2.2 litres. When I phoned HH to order the oil I'm pretty sure they confirmed the quantity required and duly sold me 3 litres of oil.

Faddy has previously confirmed the pre-facelift takes 2.2 litres on his DIY service guide, and in the pics on his guide the gearbox looked exactly the same to mine.

So I would say that is a confirm, but if other facelift owners can confirm a different quantity then I'll happily stand corrected.

Matt

good man Matt i think its the same as well.
thanks for clarification of this but as you said lets get some more reviews 1st