What's new

rear brake caliper

jarrattn

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I need to replace my right rear brake caliper - it keeps sticking even after overhauling it twice now.

My local car parts place shows a rear brake caliper with an integrated parking brake: www.autobremsen.dk . http://webservice-cs.tecdoc.net/pegasus-2-0/documents/398/524121/1

This is not the same as the rear calipers on my Honda Accord Tourer from 2005.

The part is made by www.sbs.dk and according to their website is the right item.

Are the rear calipers on the 2003-2008 Tourer the same as either earlier or newer models ?

/NAJ

Cannot help re the caliper type but my 54 tourer suffered from a sticking rear nearside caliper, stripped it down 3/4 times no good result, then I took it to a mates garage and he advised me that the flexible brake lines are known to break up on the inside and "fill" the plunger with crud thus causing it to remain pushed out. The tourer has no parking brake attachment on the caliper, there is a separate drum on the disc.

As John says repalce the flexable hose first, buy a genuine hose from Honda use Holdcroft for a discount and you may get away with not buying a new caliper. Handbrake is in the drum and completely seperate.

Thanks for the info. I will replace the brake hose/line and see if that cures the problem.

/NAJ

BTW has their been an official re-call for this problem by Honda ?

At the last major service with Honda I had new pads front and rear.

/NAJ