What's new

Rear LED Tail/Brake and Indicators

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Guys,

Got my LED bulbs for the tail/brake lights and the indicators.

I decided to get stuck into the indicators today and found that the bulbs i purchased of ebay dont fit through the lense...... booo!!. Never mind you never can tell what some of these items are until you get them and for a few pound its not worth sending back.

However i have fitted the tail lights and they do look good, nice and bright.

I have put pics of the bulbs below that i got and later when it goes dark i will take a couple of pics of the tail lights.

IMG01187-20120105-1202.jpg

IMG01186-20120105-1202.jpg

IMG01189-20120105-1203.jpg

IMG01191-20120105-1203.jpg

I will go buy some more indicators now........ :rolleyes:

The ones with the yellow case are the indicators I guess? Did you power them up cos they're normal LED and not SMD? Are they very bright?

As for the tail, are they white or red LEDs?

Pics of them installed and lit up please!! :D

Did you change the centre brake light too?

I really should show of my LEDs as well but car is to dirty and am too ashamed to show it!

BTW, what size are the indicator bulbs supposed to be and what size did you order that didnt fit? Only reason I ask is because I only have the indicators to switch over to LEDs - every else in the car is LED powered.

I'm looking at these ones:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200694945579?#ht_1169wt_1273

With these resistors:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190623119832#ht_973wt_1273

The ones with the yellow case are the indicators I guess? Did you power them up cos they're normal LED and not SMD? Are they very bright?

As for the tail, are they white or red LEDs?

Pics of them installed and lit up please!! :D

The yellow coloured led's are amber in colour when lit, and the tail lights are bright white as the lens cover is red.

Did you change the centre brake light too?

I really should show of my LEDs as well but car is to dirty and am too ashamed to show it!

BTW, what size are the indicator bulbs supposed to be and what size did you order that didnt fit? Only reason I ask is because I only have the indicators to switch over to LEDs - every else in the car is LED powered.

Haven't done the centre brake light yet as i wanted to make sure these worked first. Just went to look at the indicators again, and the bulb body is to big to entre the lens yet it fits nice into the wiring harness.

However i just thought i would power them up to see if they worked........ nope, System error and fast flashing indicators!!

These bulbs have resistors fitted but still send the car crazy..... need to get can bus error free bulbs.

The yellow coloured led's are amber in colour when lit, and the tail lights are bright white as the lens cover is red.

Trust me James, white LEDS for tail lights are not as good as red ones. I have tried them both and the red LEDS in the red lense makes a massive difference. I threw the white ones away as I had no use for them anywhere else and they were just a couple of quid each anyway.

Haven't done the centre brake light yet as i wanted to make sure these worked first. Just went to look at the indicators again, and the bulb body is to big to entre the lens yet it fits nice into the wiring harness.

However i just thought i would power them up to see if they worked........ nope, System error and fast flashing indicators!!

These bulbs have resistors fitted but still send the car crazy..... need to get can bus error free bulbs.

You can also try getting the errors cleared at the dealer. I asked them about it and they said they'd do it for free - but when I fitted mine, they didnt show up any errors and thus never needed to see the dealer either.

Must admit the white ones are not very bright when you press the brake with the side lights on......

Time to invest in some more!

James mate have to agree i have red ones as well.They come of my 7th gen and have had them for over 2 years now and still going strong.

Anyone got any pics of some LED rear lights for me please?

I'm thinking of these for the brake bulb:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200692658664#ht_722wt_1273
And these for the other one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200693319551#ht_933wt_1273

***ume tourer is slightly different to saloon in terms of what may or may not fit.

That would be awesome cheers - can persuade the wife it's a good idea then :D .

IMG01196-20120105-1759.jpg

IMG01195-20120105-1620.jpg

picsay-1325790395.jpg

I've just ordered new red lights and some new can bus error free amber indicators too!

Looks ace James :)

Do you have a link for the indicators you ordered?

Looks ace James :)

Do you have a link for the indicators you ordered?

I've ordered some of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310340921672?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Should fit nice an easy.

Check the ones in my first link as well, they're 6mm narrower than the one in Jays initial post.

So which fit and are the best? Links please!

Well the amber indicators turned up and now these are to small, however I managed to do a bit of creative soldering and by re-using the casing off the other non working amber lights made up my own.

However the accord does not like led/smd indicator bulbs, these set the warning off and they still flash like mad! These bulbs have the can error free but still throw up an issue.

I'm in the honda dealer tomorrow having the steering geometry checked so I will see if they can clear the fault.
IMG01221-20120111-1935.jpg

IMG01224-20120111-1942.jpg

IMG01227-20120111-1947-1.jpg

The red smd tail/brake lights are at the post office an I will pick those up tomorrow and let you know how they compare to the white ones.

The red smd tail/brake lights are at the post office an I will pick those up tomorrow and let you know how they compare to the white ones.

Did you get these? Any good? I'm still looking.

Did you get these? Any good? I'm still looking.

I have decided to buy no more rubbish of eBay!! The bulbs turned up, put them in and it didn't work correctly, so I put the white back in and when I got in the car I had a fault!

I had to take the car into honda anyway yesterday due to bad steering position and they cleared the fault and told me it had been a brake peddle position sensor error??

Choose wisely.

I've only put white LEDs inside the car and for the front side lights.

Cant see the point of doing the indicators or rear lights, you cant tell the difference!

Mirror repeater indicators and rear centre brake lights are LED anyway.