What's new

Resetting electric windows

Nathjkent

Reaction score
Car
Cl9 type S estate
So I had the passenger front window switch disconnected today, when I plugged it back in the window went down all the way but now won't go back up, I thought maybe the switch was faulty but tried a spare and same issue, only down, so I even plugged a spare window motor in and same thing, will only go down, I've looked around online and it seems there's a reset procedure you can do but I've tried it multiple times and still no luck. I've disconnected the batter but that didn't work, I know there power there because you can hear the motor click when you press down on the window switch. Anyone got any ideas, can I reset the windows with diagnostic equipment? I have Aultel at work I could use.
Thanks in advance.
Mine a 2005 accord tourer

It's been about a month but I don't think I saw this post. I take it you have it solved by now, but for anyone else that is here for a similar problem here is a link to the reset procedure.

yeah its all solved now, turns out when i took the door card of a tiny part of the switch fell out and that was causing the issue