What's new

Reverse sensors stopped working

brodziu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CTDI
Hi. I have a problem with the parking sensors in my Accord. After another cold night sensors stopped working. When I turn in to reverse gear it beep as usual but after few seconds there is continuously beeping for a couple seconds and then just a quiet ticking. Is it sound familiar for someone?Any ideas what it can be? Thanks.

This happened to me as well. I don`t know what the problem is or even what the cure is. Mine seem to have fixed themselves and are now working again but the problem is intermittent so it will probably happen again.

It seems that a common problem. My friend also has this problem but told me that this is happening in the rain as the car is wet.

Same as mine. Sensors are honda original parts.
Sensors now starts working again after couple hours in warm condition. I also found some threads on google about same issue.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=84885
Someone found that it can be defective unit or one sensor isn't working

I have this with aftermarket ones. All that can really go wrong are faulty sensors, control unit or the beeper. I had the beeper go on one system, the control unit on another and the sensors on another!

If you can find the control unit see if you can disconnect the sensors and see how that goes. you may need to disconnect one at a time to find out if there is a faulty one.