What's new

Right side interior noise (knocks) crossing speed bumps

Gregson

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 i-vtec Es Gt
Hi All
I'm just wonder if you have got same problem what me. Basically when crossing speed bumps, accelerating or braking I'm hearing single knocks coming out from rear door or from pillar B - not sure. I discovered on other forums that some users had same problem - 90 % issues due to hinge has loose. Did anyone have similar symptoms?

Many thanks

Cant see the door hinge being loose on an 8th gen Accord, unless its had an accident.

Just clear everything out of the car, boot, glovebox, in case something is knocking around.

It might be a bush on the rear gone.
I have one gone on the near side lower arm.
There are 3 arms on each side all with bushes.
Mine are after market camber arms though and not good quality so will be changing them for my ingalls ones at the end of the month.
Get the car on a ramp and give the arms a good shake you will no if one has gone.

are you sure its from the area you state? have seen a couple of steering racks and columns giving a noise like you describe...all on low mileage cars.

Hi Guys
Finally I discovered where from noise come out :)
This is nothing else like door handles. Don't know why but only one driver side (front and rear doors were affected). It's moving forward and backward making that noise. So next off I'm gonna look inside and try tightened screws, bolts.
All things in suspension are OK as I had a month ago service and they didn't tell me anything wrong.

Gregson said:
Hi Guys
Finally I discovered where from noise come out :)
This is nothing else like door handles. Don't know why but only one driver side (front and rear doors were affected). It's moving forward and backward making that noise. So next off I'm gonna look inside and try tightened screws, bolts.
All things in suspension are OK as I had a month ago service and they didn't tell me anything wrong.
Brilliant I have had a slight clicking noise around my divers door for ages but just got used to it.
Just checked and there is play in the door handle so will have a look this weekend

Brett
Did you sort out problem with moving handles ?
Yesterday I was looking inside I removed door card and inspected what's going on and I couldn't understand what's wrong. Everythink looks ok. Also I tried stick some rubber pads but after few time they came out. Maybe anyone else know the answer how to fix it ?
Cheers Guys

Gregson said:
Brett
Did you sort out problem with moving handles ?
Yesterday I was looking inside I removed door card and inspected what's going on and I couldn't understand what's wrong. Everythink looks ok. Also I tried stick some rubber pads but after few time they came out. Maybe anyone else know the answer how to fix it ?
Cheers Guys
Tbo mate I haven't had chance to have a look yet.
Perhaps there ment to be loose like this I'm not sure.

Hi
Just want to let know that I sorted out my problem :)
These knocks comes not from handles as I thought but from door looks. Properly lubrication will sort out this problem (spray silicon grease is OK but last for couple days, better to use something more thick - like chain grease in spray or white grease). If this will not help put some layers of isolation tape (3-4 times would be fine) - on that metal hook.
Cheers Guys