What's new

Sat Nav reset help

stubbs

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi all i recently reset my sat nav in my 2006 2.2 ictdi and now on screen it asked for the engine to be running and not to move the car and it could take upto ten minuits.I have tryed this a couple of times with no luck i just recieve a further message telling me to disconnect the battery for 30 minuits and do the whole proccess again.am i doing somthing wrong has anyone else come accross this do i need to be in a field or somthing.Any help would be most appreciative

many thanks

stubbs

try having the ignition on but the car not running.

Luke,

A few weeks ago I had to have a new battery fitted by the RAC to my 57 plate accord. When the battery was fitted I had to start the car and leave it running for about 10 minutes with the same warning notice on the sat nav screen, slowly the dash board and radio came to life and then the sat nav and everything was OK. The RAC man did comment that sometimes it can be a problem in heavily built up areas due to poor satellite reception.

Good luck

I wouldn't do this without the negine running mate - you don't want to have the battery die half way thorugh... Leave it for a good while so it can sort itself out, and be greatful for the satnav you have - its better than what I am playing with over here at the moment - even Krasmir would prefer the Honda system :lol:

At the moment i dont have a sat nav the thing just cant locate the satalittes no matter where im parked lol. I tryed this again this afternoon disconnect the batt for a couple of hours hooked it back up left it running for ten minuits and still no joy i was not any where near any buildings its a strange one.

why did you reset it bud? were you downgrading/upgrading the disc?

What version are we dealing with and what year is your car?