What's new

Sat Nav

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
I am soon to buy a New Accord with all the 'bells & whistles' including Sat Nav. Can anybody tell me how different it is to my tomtom that I have been using? How good is it and how and where does it get its traffic reports and updates and is there a yearly cost?

I am soon to buy a New Accord with all the 'bells & whistles' including Sat Nav. Can anybody tell me how different it is to my tomtom that I have been using? How good is it and how and where does it get its traffic reports and updates and is there a yearly cost?

Hi Paul the sat nav system I think is very easy to use not sure where the traffic updates come from but to be honest they are not alwasy that good. there is no yearly cost.

The sat nav is very good imo also its voice activated.
The traffic reports or TMC gets the info from the radio i believe.

Sat Nav is one of the best OEM ones I have come across. Plenty of POI (points of interest etc) on it, even my old Pioneer headunit/Sat Nav didnt have this much functionality. Traffic reports etc vary on where you are and where the car picks up localised traffic reports. In and around London, I've had exceptional detail on my traffic reports however when I was up in Dundee recently, the coverage and detail was distinctly more patchy, as is to be expected from a less populace region.

No costs, unless you update the discs with new ones - everything is on the car after you have paid for it!

Out of interest, which model are you buying and will you be adding the ADAS/ACC/CMBS to it as well?

Sat Nav is one of the best OEM ones I have come across. Plenty of POI (points of interest etc) on it, even my old Pioneer headunit/Sat Nav didnt have this much functionality. Traffic reports etc vary on where you are and where the car picks up localised traffic reports. In and around London, I've had exceptional detail on my traffic reports however when I was up in Dundee recently, the coverage and detail was distinctly more patchy, as is to be expected from a less populace region.

No costs, unless you update the discs with new ones - everything is on the car after you have paid for it!

Out of interest, which model are you buying and will you be adding the ADAS/ACC/CMBS to it as well?

I would agree on the easy sat nav functions and amount of POI data, however it lacks the ability to update the poi by user specific (i.e all work branches) and visually the unit graphics and 2D view are a downfall of what would be an excellent piece of kit.

I always thought **** were techno freaks??

I would agree on the easy sat nav functions and amount of POI data, however it lacks the ability to update the poi by user specific (i.e all work branches) and visually the unit graphics and 2D view are a downfall of what would be an excellent piece of kit.

I always thought **** were techno freaks??

To be fair, the 2D (or lack of 3D) doesnt bother me. Simplicity for the sake of graphics I guess - even with my old Pioneer Sat Nav (CLICK), I dont think I ever used the 3D function. I agree that the lack of user updating ability on the POI's is a downside, but when you actually trawl through how much there is on the car already, there's not really a lot more you can add that you really would need to use.

To be fair, the 2D (or lack of 3D) doesnt bother me. Simplicity for the sake of graphics I guess - even with my old Pioneer Sat Nav (CLICK), I dont think I ever used the 3D function. I agree that the lack of user updating ability on the POI's is a downside, but when you actually trawl through how much there is on the car already, there's not really a lot more you can add that you really would need to use.

Your right, i will admit that the 2D view is simple and clear and so far ive not got lost once! But i learnt never to follow the TCM on a detour.......... oh no don't do that.

I did wonder if honda would ever release new software to upgrade the graphics?

Just put my order in for a Honda Accord 2.4 Man EX and yes wih ALL ADAS/ACC/CMBS cant wait!!!!

If you have used TomTom, you'll be very very very disappointed by the OEM satnav.... to a point that you'll regret ever ordering it.

It really depends on what functions you want from the Nav.

If you want just simple convenient navigation, build in is always better IMHO....no fiddling with cradles, sat lock issues and generally forgetting the thing!

i use TomTom as a backup on the phone but the built in system has spoilt me, it is a much faster system than what I have used compared to VW's which is a bit clunky to use. I like it and that is for the older version since i have a 7th gen.

Just put my order in for a Honda Accord 2.4 Man EX and yes wih ALL ADAS/ACC/CMBS cant wait!!!!

Cool!

Be warned, you cant change the fronnt grille for the sportier one if you have this as the radar for the ACC wont fit it. But the toys more than make up for it - trust me, I know!! :D