What's new

Satellite Navigation Error

Jefferson

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Ex
Good afternoon.
I have not been able to fix the GPS to the correct position in my CL9, despite fiddling with most of the settings. It keeps telling me that I am somewhere in France and have been told that I need to purchase a new disc in order to rectify it. Every time I switch the engine on, I am unable to do anything on the screen because it permanently displays a message saying it'a trying to find the car's position. Disconnecting the battery hasn't done anything and I also cannot change the clock time on the centre console screen above the sat nav, despite changing it in the settings. I'm quite stuck because I can't find anything on repairing the sat nav. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

photo hosting sites

has it just done gone like this or have you had to do other things to it previously ?

When I bought the car, I didn't really pay much attention to the Sat Nav since I always use Waze. When I noticed that the GPS was showing me somewhere in the middle of France, I tried all sorts of different settings to rectify it. I managed to get to the menu which had "Force Download" and pressed it. Then, it would keep on the screen showing that it was searching for a GPS signal. I couldn't access any other menu such as AC unless I pressed MENU+"Down". I have the original disc in the DVD drive but to no avail. The clock is always set wrong as well and I cannot change it for the life of me.

I've never been into that part of the menu myself (never had to), it seems bad luck so far, not sure if there is a way to reset it, hopefully someone else knows ...........................

In your pic the red box on the 'ANT' means something is wrong with the GPS antenna as far as I am aware. Maybe cabling or even faulty GPS sensor. When I had the nav setup in mine (now removed and converted to non nav and can set the clock too without faffing around!) and ran the on board diagnostics all my boxes were green however once I tried an AUX lead and forgot to plug the antenna back up to the rear of the nav drive and it came up with a red box around the 'ANT' like yours, reconnected the GPS antenna and all green again. The GPS antenna itself is under the top console vent/display panel and it plugs into the rear of the nav dvd drive, Might be worth whipping the nav drive out to see if it is connected properly?