What's new

Selling 1.9 SE Executive - 1999, 94k - spares or repairs

philc

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 1.8 2000
Hello all.
I'm saying goodbye to my Accord SE Exec but I'd really like it to go to a good home! It's been SORN since May 2014 - the usual of story of good intentions, not enough cash and a lack of knowledge. Came off the road when I realised that the brakes were in a sorry state. So...

I've tried Gumtree - "Will you take 10 quid for it mate - Scrap's at an all time low - I should be paying you to take it off your hands - Will you post the car to Lagos?" etc etc

Haven't tried Ebay yet "Mate, I know I said I'd come round to pay you and collect the car but I've just realised that I was lying through my teeth and had no intention of doing the honorable thing and actually paying up. And anyway I've decided I don't like the colour of the rear numberplate screw cover. The one on the left."

I'm hoping that someone here needs a donor car, to take away in one piece but I'll sell spares if I can't shift it within a couple of weeks.

Good stuff...
Interior, tan leather, electric drivers seat, heated fronts, good condition except rear passenger nearside (discolouration, loss of texture).
Bodywork sound, mostly dent free, no rust that I'm aware of.
Lights good all round - buffed fronts up to a shine for the Mot that never happened.
All electrics working - sunroof, windows, mirrors, cruise control, aerial.
Dash and fittings all in good nick.
Bose stereo - cassette!! - good sound - old school!
Newish rear exhaust section.

Four good tyres.
All wheel bolts and locking bolt/key plus spare set.
Alloys are a mix of good/ok/bad paintwork but at least they're still all circular!
Original cat which (guessing from the interest from the scrappers on gumtree) is worth a few quid (£40 - £60?) if you're interested.

Bad...
Battery shot.
Front nearside fog glass broken.
Scrapes on front bumper.
Car has been sitting and not started/run for about three months now (but still started first time and sounded good - no blue smoke and no unexpected noises)
Suspension and brakes - hmmm - there's lots of rusty parts down under so probably a case of take your chances. Guessing shocks and springs are still good though.
One completely wrecked tyre (sat on flat for months on end).

Front nearside coil not fitted (don't ask!) so car can be rolled a short distance but will need supporting under jack point for a journey on a trailer.

Car will need transporting unless you are a mechanical miracle worker unlike me.

Hoping for £150 - let me know if this is just wrong!
Car is located in Christchurch, Dorset.

Thanks for reading,

Phil

Currently struggling to work out how to post photos - over 40 and it shows - will get some on as soon as I can.

this forum doesn't have a direct upload facility.

You need to have an account on a photo hosting site e.g. photobucket

You then upload photos to that site

When you have done that, you can use the "share" tools on that site to put links in posts on the forum

Thank you for the update. Luckily I appear to have a buyer so (fingers crossed they don't arrive and kick tyres) I won't be needing to post any photos. Turns out the buyer wants it for banger racing - don't know whether to laugh or cry but I suppose there are worse ways for a decent car to end its life! If I get to see it race I will take some photos and get them posted here - if it's not considered an insult to Hondakind...

The Accord has been sold to the banger racer. Might not be making its track debut til October apparently (he has a stock of cars to get through before the Accord) so don't hold your breath! Just one other thing to add - it hasn't been started for at least four months, before that it was probably two months and before that I'm guessing six months. Connected up a spare battery today and it started first time. Clever Honda...