What's new

Setting Time after battery reconnection

Joyful

Reaction score
Car
Mk8 2009 Tourer 2.2
2006 Diesel Tourer

I have Power Tailgate Fault which requires battery reconnection every week or so (no idea where the fault is).

Previously the dashboard clock automatically reset itself, I presume via the GPS maps.

Now the clock no longer updates and I have tried every way to adjust it through the onboard touchscreen interface, but just cant find the solution.

Any ideas? It is the model with the touchscreen satnav.

2006 Diesel Tourer

I have Power Tailgate Fault which requires battery reconnection every week or so (no idea where the fault is).

Previously the dashboard clock automatically reset itself, I presume via the GPS maps.

Now the clock no longer updates and I have tried every way to adjust it through the onboard touchscreen interface, but just cant find the solution.

Any ideas? It is the model with the touchscreen satnav.

Hi

Did you find a solution for the clock reset?
I have a 2005 pre-facelift tourer with touch screen satnav.

Like you - when I reset the tailgate the clock resets and the only way to get it to work is to have the sat nav working as that enables the settings option. But I have not found the settings option anywhere else! Once the sat nave works the clock accepts the time and shows correctly. My DVD ROM is ageing and doesn't always want to work - sometimes I have to insert and eject it up to a dozen + times before it will correctly read the disk, which is a pain to do. Even the diagnostic menu with the force download doesn't always download the disk correctly.
A workaround I found is that I could time the reset for 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock i.e. reconnect the battery at precisely that time then the clock would show the correct time.