What's new

Shift solenoid D circuit high

vtechguy

Reaction score
Car
Accord 7th CL9
I've got a 2006 Honda Accord CL9 (Euro) and when I drive the check engine and VSA lights come on with a flashing D light. When I connect the OBDII scanner then the fault code is P0983 Shift solenoid (SS) D - circuit high. Also the transmission doesn't want to switch gears or changes them jerkily when the lights come one. Prior to that the shifting works fine.
Local repair shops say that the solenoids are inside the gearbox and it would be very costly to repair that and it would be better for me to look for another gearbox.
Are there anything else I can do, because I don't want to spend so much for such an old car. I've seen some tutorials about replacing solenoids B and C as they are located outside the gearbox, but I don't know where the solenoid D is or if it would be any help to replace them.

After it first happened I changed the transmission fluid along with the filter and the fault code did not return for about 4 months, but now it has returned and changing the oil and filter did not help anymore.