What's new

simple aux option

dinnybyrne

Reaction score
Car
accord 08 ex
Hi all,
I know there are loads of threads here with regards to aux and mp3 ports. I dont know much about the whole thing so was wondering if i could install a 3.5mm jack without an xcarlink?Mines a 7th gen 2008 exec model with sat nav. Any help would be great, cheers.

Short answer is no I'm afraid.

Easiest option would be am FM transmitter like I originally had (without realising). This had an 3.5mm jack, but frankly you might as well get the Xcarlink.

I bought a griffin itrip like this and once you find a good radio frequency, the sound can be pretty good. It also has a port where you can connect a usb cable and charge your device at the same time.

I installed in my ford focus a Belkin Tunebase FM. It holds the iphone/ipod securly and plugs into the cigarette lighter. Has a USB for external charging of another device. you just plug the 3.5mm jack into ur iphone/ipod or mp3 player and tuen it to the desired radio station. Pretty clear and it also doubles as a car hands free kit as there is a microphone built in to the holder. Im sure ive seen them for about the £50-£60 mark.

Cheers for the replies. I have an fm tuner but not happy with it, looks like il have to invest in an xcarlink!