What's new

Spare Keys

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
I require a spare key and so I popped in to my local dealer to get the cheap one as I refuse to pay nearly £300 for the fancy one as it is only a spare! They duly took my deposit and ordered one for me. However, they have called me this morning to tell me that Honda do not supply a 'standard/cheap' key that will start the car, only the all singing and dancing one. If i chose the cheaper key I would be able to open the car but not start it. Has anyone come across this anomaly at all and is there a way around it? It seems utterly ridiculous to me! Thanks,

Yeah, I've heard the spare keys are pricey, as they are with many cars. Hopefully you got some discount from the seller to cover the cost.

There are other suppliers on Google and Ebay, who can copy keys, but dont know how reliable they are....

I got a key made up for my cl9 few months back, flip key job.

I took out the old circuit board, stuck it into the new fob and bingo.

about the spare bit, well obv a 'cheap' key wont have the transponder, wont start the car. Just for emergency basically to open the doors.

but you dont need to get raped at a dealer I am sure you can get indy guys to program keys, the guy i met in Kerry said he can program any key.

It would still be rather pricey but certainly not mad money