What's new

Spare wheel v blow up kit

PaulPaul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Pet
Accord spare wheel v blow up kit what do people think.
I was thinking of getting one of those wheel savers

I am so glad that one of the first things I did with my Accord was buy a proper wheel to replace the unreliable latex bottle... I've used that wheel so many times since! So definitely do get some sort of wheel, ideally one the same as your road wheels - if it'll fit - as much more practical and no restriction on speed or entry onto motorways (I think that last thing is still restricted?).

What's a wheel saver? I hope it's a wheel!

This was also the 1st thing I did was buy a space saver wheel from HH

I have bought another tubeless repair kit , I have one for the bikes , one for emergencys at work ,and now one for in the back of the car . I will just repair as its as fast as changing the wheel ,.

But can it repair all damaged tyres?

If you have torn a gaping great gash in the tyre .. then yer fooked . I have had that happen once in over 20 years of driving when a flipped a Renny 5 turbo into a ditch .. My brothers renny 5 turbo .. He was so pleased I ditched it for him :rolleyes: . And if that happens well I pay for AA cover so I may aswell get some use out of it .

Yep if you get a big gash in a tyre, the goo is no use. I hit a piece of truck tyre at night, that gashed the tyre, so I was glad I had a proper spare.

Even if you have AA RAC etc, if they tyre is knackered and its out of hours, you are stuck.

I looked at the options, space saver is £170 from HH. So i bought a 16" steel wheel and cheap new tyre from www.mytyres.co.uk for £115 delivered.

Same size as on the base ES spec Accord 205/60/16 I think. So its compatible with 17" wheels, as the diameter is the same.

Once you take the sealant, and pump out and the foam insert, the wheel fits in the tourer boot fine. I bought the bolt to screw it down also.