What's new

Speedo not working

gsj71

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0
Hi there.New to the forum and hoping for some help.Last week my centre exhaust on my 52 plate 2.0 collapsed where the pipe meets the silencer..I limped about 100 yards to pull in and everything was fine.Myself and a friend tied up the exhaust so we could get it to the garage.After tying it up i got back in,started the engine and the engine management light was on and the speedo and mileometer weren't working.My friend has a basic code reader which came up with 2 codes relating to lambda sensors, a speed sensor code and a couple of others.Managed to clear speed sensor and one lambda but speedo still not working.Have had a look both underneath and under the bonnet and can't see anything obvious.Can't work out why tying up an exhaust towards the back of the car could cause a) speedo to stop and B) lambda codes which is causing rough tickover.As an add on cruise control not working and neither is the v-tec.Any help very much appreciated.Thanks

I'm no expert (no sh*t! I hear you all shout) but from reading these invaluable threads, I've learnt that the 2.0 has 2 lambda sensors, before and after the cat ( Please tell me I'm not imagining all this). A possibility the downstream one got damaged, or a crushed cable, at some point in this unfortunate scenario? Thought I'd fill time before the REAL experts pass judgement...

Thanks for your reply.Yes the 2.0 does have 2 lambda's and the one on the cat is the most likely culprit of rough tickover(especially as the one on the manifold was replaced last year and had similar syptoms).No idea whats happened to the speedo/mileometer/cruise control.Can only think the transmission speed sensor decided to pack up at the same time in sympathy.