What's new

sports header

alarm1979

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 type-s
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you have had any experience with the dc sports 4-2-1 header for the 2.4.
I am looking to get an exhaust system and XO remap done shortly but i am wondering if i should get a new header before mapping.
Seen a few reviews on Acurazine but to be honest i would rather hear it from you guys if the header is a worthy investment, on Acurazine it has been quoted an extra 8bhp with th dc header.
Also on the subject of exhausts, noticed that Hond-r are selling Apexi, Greddy evo2 and Skunk2 systems for the 2.4, they are pricey but do you reckon they would perform better than a custom built system.
Looking forward to your thoughts.

ive been running the DC header for a while now i did notice a diference from stock - it felt slightly more urgent and it seemed to pull stronger. I never got a dyno befor and after so do not know the actual results my but dyno would estimate 5-10hp and a few extra torques through the revs. for bling factor its quite nice when you look down the back of the engine and it goes nicely with all the aluminium and silver trim in the engine bay. It comes with everything needed to fit and according to the guy that did it for me fitting was relatively easy. interms of value it does what it says on the tin and it certainly did not hurt performance. What are you running intake wise im sure sorting that out at the same time will give some nice results. |Overall i was very happy with it good bang for buck IMHO

as for exhausts im lookin at the mo im thinkin fujisubo legalis R but im still not sure i will get it past her indoors lol do not know if custom will be as effective (as they have not been tested and each one is unique, but thier bound to help the breathing out to some extent

Dan, i have the K+N Typhoon fitted at the moment, was going to jump straight in and get the xo remap but i think i will get the mani and system done first.
How are you enjoying your remap? i still enjoy giving it the beans with the k+n, great sound!
Have you ever considered de-catting or fitting a sports cat?

Dan, i have the K+N Typhoon fitted at the moment, was going to jump straight in and get the xo remap but i think i will get the mani and system done first.
How are you enjoying your remap? i still enjoy giving it the beans with the k+n, great sound!

Same here, i want a manifold and exhaust too before the xo power map, dunno when thats gonna be now. This crappy xmas has upset my schedule :(

alright mate, I bet the typhoon makes it sound sweet had one on my old civic, misses hated hence not on this one, really miss that noise

lovin the remap it really seems to boost the midrange 3000-5000 rpm power and torque, and obviously frees up a few more Rpms of sweet vtec which kicks in at around 5000-5300rpm and lasts to 7800rpm no longer droping out of vtec when accellerating hard. Overall the remap is a wonderful subtle improvement to the engine characteristics. I was looking to get a sports cat fitted in feb but circumstances have delayed that as i need to get some gits art work off my car, but its next on things to do, along with a few other upgrades to the brakes and intake. :D

Do you know if the sports cats available from heeltoe auto would pass the emissions test over here?
You know how them yanks arent very eco friendly!

No idea bud,
I was going to get my done over here at a place in the Leicester area, they are an agent for 'Powerflow' who do custom exhausts so they would be able to fit a sports cat with custom built mountings at each end, i think i was quoted 250-300 notes. Powerflow have agents across most of the UK there may be one around near you.

Will do a bit of digging, thanks for your info Dan.
Let you know how things progress.

Would a DC5 manifold fit? Or a Euro R? I would imagine they would be a step up over the CL9 mani?

^^ are you refering to the intake or exhaust??

the intake manis would fit however you would need to do some more tuning to retain mid range torque as those manis are optimised for higher rpm breathing than the CL9 which has been optimised to provide lower down torque.

As for the exhaust manis, i think the bulkhead design on the CL7/9 prevents the use of the DC5 mani. The Euro R (CL7) mani might fit but i would think that it would again be optimised for the higher Rpm range??

yes i have a ceramic coated one on my accord and it made a little bit of difference on the bottom end torque nothin to major but slightly noticable hope this helps mate

Do you know if the sports cats available from heeltoe auto would pass the emissions test over here?
You know how them yanks arent very eco friendly!

i would bother with a sport cat mate i get a decat pipe and just put a cat on there when the mot is due no restriction is better than some restrictrion right? lol