What's new

Squeeeeeky clutch pedal

awkward kid

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type S
I'm new to the world of Honda and i'm super impressed, appart from my squeeky clutch pedal! WD40 gets rid but only for a few days! I've covered the moving parts with copper grease, again... few days... squeeeeeeek!
Ideas folks???

Cheers

do a search I think you will find the answer you are looking for. Sorry it appears to have been removed. I seem to remember white grease being mentioned, someone on here will be along shortly to advise you.

You need Molykote White grease. Wd40 will just clean off any grease. If you do a search theres a guide on here. :)

I've tried with finishline white grease as well. All over the push/pull cylinder that's visible behind the clutch.
Any other ideas folks?

Solved mine using Wynn's PTFE spray lubricant (use it in work) also safe for 'O' rings and seals. 10 months on and not a squeak. Need to get right into the cylinder(clutch down) using extended nozzle tube.

The post I made is here.

it's really a matter of what has actually been done to the pedal and whethere there are any other defects in the system. There are a few things you could try but don't whatever you do spray wd40 in there...it may solve it for a short while but it will come back with a vengence as the WD40 clears out the grease and dries the seals..the next time round it will be more difficult to treat. Once you spray something like this in it will prevent any future grease (which is what you need) form working effectively.

YOu probably need to try and see if you need to bleed the slave cylinder for air also.

The correct lubricant is essential here as to how successful you are...also depending how you apply it ofcourse. The longer it goes without treating the harder it is to alleviate.

I spent 10 mins today making sure i'd pushed the white grease (finishline) right into the cylinder. Seems to have worked straight away and no squeeeeks! Thanks for your help folks

When I bought my Accord I had a persistent squeak from the clutch. The dealer trIed several times to grease it which helped for a short time but always came back. They eventually replaced the clutch master cylinder (after I told them as much after research on the forum) under warranty and all is good now!