What's new

Stage 1 remap premier tuning

csak1981

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 8th Ge
Another one for Fahad,

I'm on your Stage 1 DPF + EGR Remove btw you'll probably remember me I came down from Glasgow with my father and you found that my DTC code table had been deleted from a previous owner map that had gutted DPF without blocking EGR pipe. And you sorted everything out and with full diagnostics gave my car the thumbs up and stated i'd picked up a good one. Another happy Premier Tuning customer everybody!!!

Anyhoo, turbo started to get a bit of siren noise and I'm on 170k miles so thought I'd replace turbo cartridge. I noticed one of the nuts from turbine side to top of dpf was loose and I've heard that a slight leak could cause the siren noise on a turbo but I had already purchased a melett cartridge and was as well changing it as I was that far in to the job when I noticed the loose nut. So new cartridge with all new nuts and gaskets as well as checking oil feed and drain pipes for blockages and new gaskets on there as well. I pre-oiled new cartridge and started engine without revving for a few minutes. Also oil and filter only done 2k miles ago which I do every 5-7k miles.

Siren noise is now gone and I'm guessing it was the loose nut as old cartridge had minimal play in shaft and observed no damage to turbine and compressor wheels or casings. Vanes where a bit sticky not too bad but now cleaned and free.

However I tried my best to match up the actuator arm to old cartridge and now I think it's boosting too early and don't want to cause damage.

It feels like boost is kicking in at 1500 revs whereas before it felt like 2200 revs. I'm planning on adjusting the arm length adjustment screw (not the stop set screw as idle seems to be ok referring to boost gauge reading 0 psi boost +/- 0.2 psi on torque pro app) by half turns at a time shorter to bring the boost back to the old cartridge.

Could you confirm for your Stage 1 DPF + EGR Remove when the boost should be kicking in so I know when I've got the adjustment right? Once I dial in the arm length to give correct boost, if the idle boost is thrown off I understand I may need to then adjust the stop screw. I'd really like new cartridge to be optimized for your map.

I'm planning on a picking up an HDS so I can monitor the adjustments more accurately. I've found one for £79.99 from obd2shop.co.uk and there doesn't seem to be any negative reviews on it. The other option is a seller on ebay going for £350 buy it now but looks identical to the cheaper one. Would the £80 one be ok do you think?

Many thanks

Last edited: