What's new

Start up beep?

lizard

Members
Reaction score
Car
07 Accord 2.2 EX
Hi all,

Picked up my 07 2.2EX yesterday with the upgraded 18" alloys etc. Nice looking car and really pleased with it (might post a pic later if anyone is interested).

One thing I'm not sure about is that when I turn the ignition key I get a 'beep' and a brief flicker of the 'I' light. Is this normal and if so, what does it mean? I couldn't see anything in the manual and just wanted to check it wasn't trying to tell me about a problem.

Thanks

it is anything to worry about - can't remember if mine does it or not.

It could be an oil pressure warning temporarily if you are turning the engine over too quick after putting the key in - do you leave it until the glow plug light goes out?

Mine does it every now and then. It seemed to do it more before the VSA went but still does it afterwards. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah mine does the same, sometimes flashes up check system ABS or VSA but not always. Maybe its to do with the power drain when the engine is cranking over. Certainly wouldnt worry about it tho.

Mine has always done this, it flashes up briefly with Check ABS System. Has always done it since new and had it checked out by the dealer but couldn't find any fault. It appears to happen more frequently if I let the glow plug go out. If I just get in and start it often doesn't happen.

When I borrowed one for a test drive (well 3 days) I noticed that did it as well and judging from the replies above it seems common so I wouldn't worry (and I am worrying less as well now!)

How bizarre mine did this for the last year and I just went out to start the car after your post and hey presto, all's well.

Anyhoo, I went to my local Honda dealer when it said "system check" and beeped at startup. After a long but free diagnostic, they said it's a sensor that would cost in the region of £1000 (that's right three zeros).

I asked if it would it cause any harm to ignore this and was told nope. I mean who pays £1000 for a sensor and labour on top of that?

Did they happen to say which sensor? Seems a bit odd.