What's new

starting battery issue starter or bad contact ?

ashman

Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2010
recently i had bad contact on the battery started up ok then it went like dead when trying to restart , battery power was low. found out was negative cable lose after messing around i decided to put a nail in between cos of possible bad thread and the problem went away upon till today same thing happend this time i turned the screws opposite way and tightend it with the screw in it i doubled checked took it to my local spare shop he checked and confirmed connection is tight and fine and he says it not a bad contact or a battery issue as bought it 18 months ago and giving 14 volts now this battery did hav one those clips on the terminals then you attach the battery cable on them the negative one was lose so i took it off tightened it and put back on thinking could this been the issue before refititting but it isnt all seems fine but im still having this issue one minute it starts perfect then it would do the same turn over slowley as if battery power is low any suggestions i will be changing the negative cable could be bad earth mite also get the starter motor checked which i dont think is the problem let us know with some ideas please regards