What's new

steering wheels

madden

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type s
does anybody know if the the colum on a 07 plate civic type r is the same as a 07 plate accord type s?i want to fit a type r steering wheel and its got all the same mutilfuction on as mine has on the accord.also does anybody know if the front seats out the same year type r will go into a accord?
wheres the best place to get lowering springs from?i want a rear spoiler as well but want a gen honda one realy dont want a grp one.does anybody have a used one for sale?

The steering will fit but the multifunction keys wont work :blush:
why wont they work?this is the frist honda i have modded due to the last 4 being brandnew ones so for give my ingnorants.i have few old old fords that i race so spanner work is not a problem

unless its been tryed before your in new territory here. by all means if you can get the parts cheep, give it a go. my personal opinion is buy a civic type r? but each to there own and good luck with the retro fit. keep us informed of how it goes

do you know anybody that has tryed it?i would have thought the set up would the same to keep manufacturing cost down or iam wrong with it being honda?i know loads of bits are inter changeable with fords must of the stuff is the same parts

unless its been tryed before your in new territory here. by all means if you can get the parts cheep, give it a go. my personal opinion is buy a civic type r? but each to there own and good luck with the retro fit. keep us informed of how it goes
i have just sold a 10 plate type r we needed a bigger car plus i needed to relase some cash for my extenstion.i just prefur the civic wheel to the accord one thats all

i caunt picture the two wheels in my head but i dont see the internal spline being much different as it seems all hondas have the same standard set up. airbags may well turn out to be the same connector, however if the size/type of airbag is different the srs ecu may notice a different resistance and throw up a light. i dont know if they are the same partno, may be worth asking a honda parts dept if the airbags are the same. switches are a matter of matching the relavent wires regardless of a differance in connector.

TBH I think the FN2 wheel would look to space age in the accord interior anyway.

Re the seats anything can be modded with time, money and the will, we had someone retro fit some ATR seats to his 7th gen last year.

Yes it was Gerry he fitted them and like 4 weeks later sold the motor :blush:

He was also the first to the ATR calipers as well, even before me :wub:

Nah not really John (puppy) and I did it straight away after Gerry the rest well you lot where way to slow months later :D :wub:

But lets not split hairs hey :blush:

cheers for the info i will post some pics of my car up and show you all the modds i decide to do then,best place to buy lowering springs?

what year is your accord? why dont you upgrade to a facelift steering wheel if you havent already got a facelift that is

yup like cj said the controls dont work... but i love it as its smaller and awesome to grip on... the controls dont work as the connectors are different so you have to splice any ... i manage dot get the main cruise control button working but nothing else.. to my frustration i cut everything and just connected the horn lmao !!!!!

one more thing is that i had to do sever plastic surgery to the car to get the steering wheel fitted and moving freely......

Yes it was Gerry he fitted them and like 4 weeks later sold the motor :eek:

Karen and gerry still have their cl9. I dont think the K20 jazz or K24 eg would be a good cars for ferrying their wee boy about in :)

How about trying an ep3 or dc5 steering wheel, they're also smaller and look similar to an actual euro r steering wheel. You'll lose all the cruise and audio buttons but it will look cooler :)

Karen and gerry still have their cl9. I dont think the K20 jazz or K24 eg would be a good cars for ferrying their wee boy about in :)

How about trying an ep3 or dc5 steering wheel, they're also smaller and look similar to an actual euro r steering wheel. You'll lose all the cruise and audio buttons but it will look cooler :)
iam going to live with the steering wheel as its got blue tooth on and voice activation as well.my mates talked me out the seats as well as its got half leathers in already.i just want a boot spoiler lowering springs and changing my alloys to 18inch type r ones.my 17inch alloys will be up for sale soon they got new tyres as well if anybody is interested