What's new

Stolen cat! Recommendations for catalytic converter guard

Etourer

Reaction score
Car
2005 Honda Accord
My catalytic converter was stolen by lowlives last night. Can anyone recommend a guard please for a petrol 2006 Honda Accord Tourer.... thanks

Sorry for your loss, there are some third party devices out there but I don't know how effective they are or if they make 'em for a mk7.

Is your replacement going to be an OEM or a thord party replacment and therefore still a target? If they go at it with grinders wouldn't they just be able to cut the cables from the likes of below?

security devices are a waste of time, if they can cut a cat off they can cut off a security device.
you just have to be mindful of where you park. try and park in such a way that would make the car hard to jack up

If you can spread old engine oil or axle grease mixed with horse manure (or dog ****) on the tarmac under the car then you have a chance the police/anybody can follow them back to the lair.

Thanks for your replies guys. I’m going with a cheap after market cat which is less valuable than the oem one, but they could still try again.

i’m going to fit an alarm including a tilt sensor, this will go off if they try to jack the car up. I might weld some rebar along the exhaust to prevent them cutting it and get a plate to cover the cat. Hopefully I won’t have to go through this nightmare again

did you weld it or get a plate to cover it

my system needs to come off and want to stop them when i put it all back

Thanks for your replies guys. I’m going with a cheap after market cat which is less valuable than the oem one, but they could still try again.

i’m going to fit an alarm including a tilt sensor, this will go off if they try to jack the car up. I might weld some rebar along the exhaust to prevent them cutting it and get a plate to cover the cat. Hopefully I won’t have to go through this nightmare again
did you do it ?