What's new

Suspension refresh

Dexter101

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Hi guys,

currently on my second Accord Tourer (type S) and although it has now done over 150,000 miles there is little I am interested in replacing it with.

I plan on keeping the car for the long term now as the shell is solid and to date, hasn't cost me anything other than MOT and service costs.

It is my daily driver and family car so not interested in changing too much but over the next year or so would like to refresh some of the parts which are likely to be seeing their age and where appropriate upgrading to smarten the car up.

I am planning a set of BC coilovers as would like to close the arch gap a little bit. My reasoning behind these coilovers is they appear to offer a closer to stock ride comfort whilst lowering, where as on the tourer spring and shock options are limited and reviews seem to suggest they are firmer without any flexibility to soften them up.

I was wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list on what other parts would be a good idea to change at the same time and any thoughts on OE or performance options?

Again, this is not about preparing the car for use on a track, more the best option for trying to get the car through another 150,000 miles.

I don't really want to do any jobs twice, so plan is to refresh everything I can whilst it is apart.

My thinking is that way the suspension is mostly new, it already has a stainless exhaust and should limit any repairs needed down the line.

There are some threads on here about upgrading the front calipers to twin pot, if you don't fancy any more sphincter-loosening 'will she or won't she' moments.