What's new

Tailgate failure

MarkBluemel

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2006
Last year around February, my powered tail gate (Accord Tourer) failed. The local garage replaced the motor and all was well for just over a year.

It's now failed again and I'd rather like to avoid an annual repair bill for it.

Should I go to a Honda dealer this time - if so which are the good ones?
or can anyone recommend a good independent in North East Hampshire or North West Surrey - I'm in Alton?

Welcome Mark have a search there its lots on this topic

Welcome.

Last year around February, my powered tail gate (Accord Tourer) failed. The local garage replaced the motor and all was well for just over a year.

It's now failed again and I'd rather like to avoid an annual repair bill for it.

or can anyone recommend a good independent in North East Hampshire or North West Surrey - I'm in Alton?

Hi Mark
did you have a flat battery at the time if so disconnect the battery completely and then reconnect and it will reset itself

regards
richard

Update. My local (to my work) garage investigated and found corrosion in the catch ***embly, They cleaned it up and got it working again, but warned me it may well need replacing. It failed again about a week later, and I got them to replace the ***embly. All is fine now.

My biggest gripe is that the bl**dy thing doesn't fail gracefully to a manual mode. Once it's playing up, you can only open the boot from inside, which is a wind-up.

I love the car so much otherwise though...

Yep, mine did that, was a real PITA, what the heck was wrong with a mechanical latch for opening it, I managed to strip the catch ***embly on mine and bend the contacts on the rotating position sensors and its been fine since, did need a disconnect of teh battery to reset it though.

Hi Guys,

I have a success story, my tailgate light came on and boot would not open electronically (manually it was ok). I checked most things mentioned in this forum.
Yesterday I called Lee at Holdgate in Stoke to see if they can look at it (again thanks to the Forum for the contact details)
booked it in today and after a hour wait it came back fixed!, they reset the computer and all is fine.

I will be calling Lee tomorrow to thank him.!