What's new

Tailgate Operation via Key Fob

Morrisey

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi all,
I've managed to create another little tailgate problem.

Due to a fault with my master door multiplex control unit (driver's window switch panel) where the window lock rocker switch & central locking pushbutton were performing randomly, I sourced a spare from a sister Tourer.
Hoping it may also solve a lingering parasitic battery drain, this was fitted.

Full window function & central locking has been restored (via programming with key within ignition switch), so fob can lock & unlock all doors.

However, the remote tailgate does not open or close via the fob.

I know the tailgate system works as it will close via the boot's built-in button.
I know that the multiplex unit controls the system, so have swapped my original receiver into the new unit -no joy.
Also tried holding down the boot lock/unlock fob button for 10 seconds -still no joy.
Multiple battery disconnects have been tried throughout.

Fob was working fine before replacing the door unit, so will have to refit tomorrow "as was" if nobody can shine any light on this.

Is there a quick reset for this?

Turns out no tailgate reset is required - just swapped with yet another unit & all is well. Perfect.

You probably have the wrong switch panel or multiplex unit, too many people replace these without knowing also the micu and door switch panel links to micu thats why you have issue, if i may why did you replace these parts ?

The window lock pushbutton & doors lock rocker switch were playing up - doors would only lock with the window pb up, but would only unlock when the pb was down (I think I've got that the right way around!) Anyhow, this did not always work.
***umed it may be a bad track on PCB inside the switch ***embly.