What's new

Tailored Mats

apintofmild

Members
Reaction score
Car
Golf GTD
Having recently got my mat-less Accord I wanted something cheap and cheerful, but reasonably well fitting, to keep the carpets clean. I'm a fan of rubber mats as they keep the water and muck in place.

There's a plethora of companies out there doing mats, so I just stuck a pin in and ended up at carmats4u.com.

I orderd the 'Honda Accord (7th gen) 2003 - 2007 (manual) Roadster Rubber Car Mats' at £29.99.

They claim 48hour dispatch, yet the order took a week to arrive. Not a problem though.

The front mats are a pretty good fit, the rear ones slightly less so (though I'm perfectly happy with them). They didn't specifically have a listing for my Tourer, so the slight ill-fit may be because they're designed for another car! They'e good value for money though, and if you're not a (retentive ;) ) concourse condition subscriber, they look alright too.

I also got a 'Honda ACCORD ESTATE (2003 - 2008) Boot Liner' for £25. This I'm really please with. It fits like a glove and has a 25mm lip all round. I carry equipment for work from time to time that is prone to leaking water, and the liner catches it perfectly. It's supple enough to allow the spare wheel flap to open, yet appears tough enough stand heavy equipment being placed on it. I guess anyone with muddy dog paws or similar would also benefit.

I'm only a few weeks in of course, and its longevity is yet to be ascertained, but at that price if they last 6 months it's a worthwhile investment.

glad that you are happy with them
give us an update how they look like,buddy

glad that you are happy with them
give us an update how they look like,buddy

anyone heard about 3D Ccar mats yet??? they popular just now in russia. so should be soon in uk.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.gasgoo.com/MiMgIzIxNDQyNDEwMA--/auto-part-3d-car-mats-trunk-mats.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gasgoo.com/showroom/import_10063006361567/auto-products/1221080.html&usg=__Ic_jDYgskQCJr44xOXfo4HE0ueE=&h=672&w=896&sz=124&hl=en&start=6&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=Ps6C-AcnnWUndM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=146&prev=/search%3Fq%3D3d%2Bcar%2Bmats%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GZEZ_en-GB%26tbm%3Disch&ei=XSkJTuqSNYPMswbi7cXRDg

They look just like my boot liner, though those look better finished. I didn't realise you could get them for the front too!

We're looking for some decent rubber mats for our 7th generation Accord Tourer, some of the ones I've looked at on ebay look very thin and not such good quality. I must give Honda a call and find out what price they are asking for a set of rubber mats.

We just purchased a thick rubber liner for our boot, was looking at the trays with a lip but I thought our dogs wood trip over the rim and skid about on the surface. The rubber mat we got needed trimming to size but it does the job well.

Come to think of it, we were trying to track down a genuine dog guard too, got a quote from a local Honda dealer and they wanted £231.07 which I thought was a wedge of money too especially as the new dog guard for the 8th generation is only £190..........:( So still searching.

Hello. From the start we decided we wanted to only purchase a genuine Honda dog guard because they do look as solid as a rock, like you say. I'm not a fan of after market dog guards I've seen some bad ones over the years.

Please can you tell me how to find HH.

I've checked on-line for the guard and I'm not having much luck, one non Honda company quoted me £270 plus £100 delivery charge......................needless to say, I didn't answer their quote..........

Here is the link for parts http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3345-holdcroft-honda-parts-discount/

I will send you the email with the code.

Many thanks Pepster that's very kind of you.

Keep your eye out on ebay for the dog guard, took me a while to find one but got it for about £30 delivered. Also look at completed listings see if there any that didnt sell. As you've got an EX you should already have the clips in the headlining if not they are cheap from Honda and just means taking a stanley knife to the headlining (a template is provided).

No problem please do let us know what pans out.

I've got a good price for a genuine dog guard. I've been keeping my eyes peeled on ebay too. We've got the bracket/holes in the roof so that's handy. I'm hanging off ordering one for a week or so because we've got a problem with the car, so I want to make sure that's sortable first before spending anymore money on it.

Just a thought, the two retractable load net/screens are in place in the car, are they safe to use with dogs? I wouldn't think they would be but I cannot find any info on them to check if that is the case. Mind you, we have two large golden retrievers so probably not.

Thanks everyone.

Must be something about golden retrievers and tourers lol (I think monks has both too). I have one he's 18 month old now and couldn't retrieve if he tried too lol his best trick is to run off with something he shouldn't have and chew it up. Would love another one but we only have a small house and garden :(

As for the seperation nets I doubt they would stop anything with weight under severe braking etc, although my car doesn't have them so I don't know how strong they are.

I would have thought they'd stop the dogs from sticking there paws on the seat tops tho.

Must be something about golden retrievers and tourers lol (I think monks has both too). I have one he's 18 month old now and couldn't retrieve if he tried too lol his best trick is to run off with something he shouldn't have and chew it up. Would love another one but we only have a small house and garden :(

As for the seperation nets I doubt they would stop anything with weight under severe braking etc, although my car doesn't have them so I don't know how strong they are.

I would have thought they'd stop the dogs from sticking there paws on the seat tops tho.
[/quote

OOOOPPSSSSS, I think I've just voted your post down if that's what it's called by hitting the wrong botton (very sorry)

Goldens have to have top class mobile kennels, they will travel in nothing less lol. 18 months is still the mad daft stage, well they don't really get any sense even when they are golden oldies. Our boys 11 in a couple of months and our girls 12, both are still daft as brushes. They can retrieve but you don't get the item back, boy just goes off with said object, girl takes the stuffing out of said object given chance lol. Great dogs though, I'd have another if we had the space and the money lol, not cheap to keep.

. Our boys 11 in a couple of months and our girls 12, both are still daft as brushes. They can retrieve but you don't get the item back, boy just goes off with said object, girl takes the stuffing out of said object given chance lol. I'd have another if we had the space and the money lol, not cheap to keep.

You're still talking about dogs right? :lol:

My nephew is 15 and you could apply your comment equally to him as well :D. In fact my bruv has a black Labrador that is about 2 and a half, and it's not all there - very soft a dopey though. In fairness it does retrieve very well. Then flicks whatever it is, plus 2 gallons of drewl right in your face ready to throw again.

You're still talking about dogs right? :lol:

My nephew is 15 and you could apply your comment equally to him as well :D. In fact my bruv has a black Labrador that is about 2 and a half, and it's not all there - very soft a dopey though. In fairness it does retrieve very well. Then flicks whatever it is, plus 2 gallons of drewl right in your face ready to throw again.

LOL yes talking about dogs, we don't have any kids. At least your bruvs dog just flicks drewl, you should see our female retriever when she's rolled in something such as fox droppings, you need to keep your head down, nose covered and get the hose out.............I think it's a revenge thing, like when they jump in filthy water they make sure they chase you around until they catch you THEN they shake all the water off all over you. :eek:

We have the Honda dog guard in our tourer and it is solid as a rock its is expensive but spot on after 6 years of use it still brand new and when stacking up the boot acts as a wall too.

Why don't you try HH our club dealer they can hook you up with a deal.

Thanks again, we've placed our order today with HH for some rubber mats and the dog guard too.