What's new

Thoughts on this accord?

Danfox89

Reaction score
Car
Accord

Hi all,

Just wondering your thoughts on this accord, it seems really cheap but mot history looks OK. Going to view it Friday, anything I should look for? Thanks

Hi all,

Just wondering your thoughts on this accord, it seems really cheap but mot history looks OK. Going to view it Friday, anything I should look for? Thanks
Looks ok in photos, on last MOT it needs 4x new tyres and front lower ball joints. I guess £500 in total if you don't fit ditch finders, but should last a while. The previous MOT the tyres seemed to be also in a bad state, so either they still weren't replaced or the knackered suspension components have caused excessive wear. Typical for any car of this age though.

As long as it's not rusty it should be a good realiable car - the 2.0 engine is probably the least desirable hence the low price (not as fast as the 2.4, not as economical as the diesel).

Looks ok in photos, on last MOT it needs 4x new tyres and front lower ball joints. I guess £500 in total if you don't fit ditch finders, but should last a while. The previous MOT the tyres seemed to be also in a bad state, so either they still weren't replaced or the knackered suspension components have caused excessive wear. Typical for any car of this age though.

As long as it's not rusty it should be a good realiable car - the 2.0 engine is probably the least desirable hence the low price (not as fast as the 2.4, not as economical as the diesel).
Cheers mate. Only did 4k miles between MOTs so I'm hoping tyres weren't changed.

Still seems cheap compared to other 2L engines but I'll take my chances if it looks half decent