What's new

Touch-up paints

manalishi

Members
Reaction score
Car
SE Executive 2.0
The 6g Executive I have has a few slight bumper scrapes and stone chips that I want to tidy up (as best as I can without going to the expense of paint shop costs). It's the mid-red metallic colour, code is R500P according to the service book.

Anyone know if I can buy this at Honda (off the shelf or ordered in?) and/or if there are better/cheaper sources?

Bonus Q: the stone chips are down to a grey-coloured undercoat. Presumably - if there's no bare metal - I don't need to do anything more than touch-up the chips with the paint?

The cheap way is to go to halfords and get them to make up and mix a touch up bottle. Though I cant garrantee on the match with a red colour.

That's a good point - red does fade with sun exposure. Wonder if this red (which it seems is called 'Sicilian Red') is the same? Can't see any obvious fade - will compare with the door shuts.

I've just seen Ebayers selling touch up kits in this colour, so I might take a punt at the cheapest (= lowest risk) one first. And try it on an area that's not so noticeable.

Will report back in the next week or so.

Paints 4 U sell a touch up paint with a top coat lacquer mixed in. I bought some Malachite Green for some scrapes on the body kit on the Prelude and it was a superb match. You get loads in the tin and comes with a little artists brush too.

Was around £12 from memory.

Thanks for teh extra info and P4U suggestion. Will take some before/after pix to show just how well it goes.