What's new

Tourer Rear Discs - How to change...

davecmr

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Sport Diesel
I've done a quick search but nothing came up.

So apart from the straight forward part of caliper off, caliper carrier off and the 2 retaining screws undoing what is the process of getting the discs off as the tourer has rear shoes and although I've done many brake changes/upgrades etc I've never done anything with brake shoes!

Has anyone changed them before or got any pointers.

You may have to back the adjuster for the shoes off. Which is done by removing the little rubber bung and turning the adjuster wheel with a small flat screwdriver.
Apart from that it's just a case of doing what you said above and pulling the disc off.

Remove the caliper and pads, then the carrier, then the two phillips type set screws holding the drum to the hub, you may need an impact driver for these as they are tight from new. The drum will come off either by inserting 10mm bolts in the blind holes (they act as pullers) or by tapping the outer edge with a hammer and pulling it off. Brush the dust away from the brake shoes which may/maynot need changing, but if they do they are straight forward (NOT ROCKET SCIENCE). make sure you wipe the disc clean of it's protection before fitting. 20 minutes a side should do it.

Thanks for the replies should make things easier knowing where the adjuster is incase I need to back the shoes off to get the disc off.

I've done a quick search but nothing came up.

So apart from the straight forward part of caliper off, caliper carrier off and the 2 retaining screws undoing what is the process of getting the discs off as the tourer has rear shoes and although I've done many brake changes/upgrades etc I've never done anything with brake shoes!

Has anyone changed them before or got any pointers.

I got my local garage to doo mine as I've recently had both rear callipers seize :( you might want to give them a good going over / clean to avoid any future frustration....The replacement "unipart" parts that were fitted don't seem to be as good as the original honda ones I must admit, same goes for the discs that were replaced......

Simon

Thanks for that I'll have a good look when I change everything.