What's new

Trolly jacking points

Tafia

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord diesel
Hi folks,

I am about to buy new tyres and want to be sure the chaps at the tyre depot don't dent my car by placing the trolley jacks in the wrong place. Previous car handbooks have shown the correct place for trolley jacking but I can't find any reference to them in the Accord book.

I see the points for the supplied jack have locating "blades" which look as if they could bend if a trolley jack was used under them. I have experienced damage caused to my wife's Volvo a few years ago when a jack was put in the wrong place. The damage was found by the MOT tester and he pointed out the bent box section. " He should have his hands cut off", he remarked. Another MOT chap told me he was just in time to stop a tyre fitter jacking his Jaguar in the middle of the floor section under the seat!

Anyone know if it is safe to trolley jack the car under the "blades" mentioned above?

Many thanks,

T.

under the blades is wear i jack my car.
just make sure the blades on the trolley jack sits nice and snug around the ones on the car.
have a look at oil changing in the diy section there are photos of jacking points.

trolley jacks ate a tad different... i just locate a sturdy part of the chassis or non-moving part of the suspension and cushion with a piece of wood. best thing you can do is find the points your comfortable with and make sure they use them.

sagging.. the ol' "type jacking point into the search box" trick?

you cunning devil you :lol:

Thanks to all for your responses. I have printed the jacking point diagrams.

Best wishes

T.

No worries chap! Let us know where they try and jack it up from first :lol: