What's new

TSX throttle body

govtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
FD2
okay i am finally getting around to having my TSX TB and IM fitted tommorow. there are some subtle differences in the TB, the most notable is the coolant (i think) pipes on the original the inlet and out let are in different places on the stock TB on the TSX 06+ TB they are in the same place can anyone tell me which one is which so i can let the guy fitting it know, Cheers

the pipes in question are in the top left of the TB, as pictured

P1020173.jpg

no idea buddy, best to check on tsxclub.com

I'll be interested in this for sure, lemme know how it goes aye :blink:

Govtec can i asked who recommended the throttle body? the DBW in the american TSX is different to the UK car. I'll look up the tubes later..

Ok all went well in the end and everything bolted up nicely and there was no mismatch betwwen the new IM ports and the stock injector ***embly ports.. First impressions are good, there seems to be more pull through the rev range which seems to get stronger as the revs build. My butt dyno would suggest the car is now a bit quicker and responsive to throttle imput and the engine seems to rev slightly more freely. Overall i would say there has been a slight improvement in hp and torque. i also had a HONDATA heatshield gasket installed during the process.

On the old site a member called 'Pitchy' had just set up his own machining company and had a sorted a website, does anyone have the link?

Edit: Al i got the idea for the swap when i read up about the engine revisions on the 06+ TSX on some website, i think it was the HONDATA site, i read some stuff on the TSX forum on enlaging the TB which included some discussion of swapping the 06+ TSX TB and IM onto the 03-05 versions which the same if not very similar setup to ours, and that it was a direct swap

Good goin buddy, are you gonna put it on the rollers to see what gains have been made?

i got no baseline to compare to except manufacturers figures, though i might have a look round here for a dyno see what shes pullin now

Edit just found a possible place in Kimbolton near me, ill see if they can get me in this week.... you piqued my my interest

some pics of the install

HONDATA GASKET
P1020184.jpg

IM Gasket
P1020193.jpg

New kit on
P1020196.jpg

the new IM and TB ***embled
P1020192.jpg

i got no baseline to compare to except manufacturers figures, though i might have a look round here for a dyno see what shes pullin now

Edit just found a possible place in Kimbolton near me, ill see if they can get me in this week.... you piqued my my interest

hehe, it'd be rude not to guage the benefits buddy :lol: If its worthwhile i'll add it to my list too! :thumbsup:

Hey Govtec,

A bit off topic; but is that a Spoon front bumper on your car, looks like it to me.

If it is i am sooooooooooooo jealous dude.

if your refering to my avatar, its jus that so you can stop being jealous - straight from tinterweb. Its actually Spoons own CL7 i can only wish i had that, mine is just a stock Type S kit and its grey..... lol

er, stock type s with some choice optional extras more like buddy :)

just a few Lol, im getting it on the rollers on Wed next week so we'll see if they have been worth it. the spoon gear knob should be worth at least 50bhp lol

sweet dan, make sure you post up the results buddy :ph34r:

if your refering to my avatar, its jus that so you can stop being jealous - straight from tinterweb. Its actually Spoons own CL7 i can only wish i had that, mine is just a stock Type S kit and its grey..... lol

Ok - cheers dude,

Ditto on the i wish i had the spoon CL7, the carbon bonnet looks great on that colour as well.