Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
Hi guys

Still in the hunt of finding an accord type s

Please advise on the following:

Last week i went to view a accord type s

When test driving the car, pressing the clutch i could hear a click click sound, this put me off but the seller said it just needed greasing which he has been doing previously.

I lifted up the bonnet, whilst my friend was pressing the clutch and i could hear the clicking sound near the engine. I walked off as i thought the clutch would need replacing.

I have been in contact with the seller and he has said that the clutch needed a washer replacing and some greasing which has been done.

Is this a big issue or a small issue, by replacing the washer if the problem is gone then this shouldnt mean that the clutch will need replacing soon?
Just to add whilst test driving the car, the clutch didnt feel heavy

advise would be appreciated as i mite go down this evening again

regards
Mo

Very hard to say Mo.The clicking clutch peddle is normal in these cars there is a DIY by Alan on this.
As for the stiffness it could be the release bearing.If its this then its a new clutch as well.

Is clicking normal? I thought it was creaking?

Still a quick search of clutch and creak, or clutch and click should turn summutt up ;).

Is clicking normal? I thought it was creaking?

Still a quick search of clutch and creak, or clutch and click should turn summutt up ;).
Mine Dan was like a click and creak :lol:
Hear you go

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/46-diy-fix-clutch-creak-click-updated-6807/

That's because you're special :) :lol:

Thanks for the replys

The seller has just text me saying it was honda who replaced the clutch washer, and didnt charge him because it only took them few minutes, at Lookers Honda Derby

I'm really tempted to go down for this

Thanks for the replys

The seller has just text me saying it was honda who replaced the clutch washer, and didnt charge him because it only took them few minutes, at Lookers Honda Derby

I'm really tempted to go down for this

Mo,

It's worth going down and having another look and drive, see how it feels now.

If the mileage is nearer 100k plus and it hasn't had a clutch, then at sometime in your ownership, clutch replacement is a little more likely, but that really depends on how the car has been driven and the sort of miles it has done, i.e whether more town driving than motorway.

If you like the car in all other ways, just say your still concerned about the clutch and whether he is prepared to meet halfway on the cost of a new one it's around £600 for the diesel, don't know whether it's the same for the petrol clutch.

With the age of cars your looking at, unless your lucky and find one that has already had the clutch replaced, or a low mileage example, then the clutch is always going to be more towards it's later years of usefulness.

Good luck, whatever you decide

Again as Carl has said a car with 100k and on original clutch will suffer from a few creaks and clicks. I would just see how the clutch performs when driving.

Does the clutch seem stiff? If so signs of a worn pressure plate
Where is the biting point? If its really high then its quite worn adjusted.
What state is the clutch fluid in?
Does the release bering wine when setting off? If so then most likely its an old clutch

I would just go see the car again, negotiate with the seller and factor some or all the price of a clutch replacement in the price.

If you don't know much on the mechanical side of things maybe get a mechanic friend or even the AA to do an inspection. Its worth it in the long run.