What's new

Type S fog light removal

Steve72accord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord s
If anyone was wondering how the front fog lights come out on a Type S with the extra front lower lip here`s a short how to :) .

First off you need to get the car up on rams or axle stands as you will need to get right under the front end to undo all the bolts and get the under tray out from under the car ( get yourself comfortable as there are a lot of bolts ) lol.

( 1 ) Remove the two bolts either side at the rear of the under tray ( 10 mm spanner ).
( 2 ) Remove all of the bolts along the front edge of the bumper holding the under tray inc the plastic clips ( 3 x under the car and the ones up in the inner wheel arches ). The under tray will pull down so you can slide it out from under the car out of harms way .
( 3 ) You now need to remove the lower lip tip screws at the egde of the bumper ( I only removed the two on the passenger side as that was the only fog light i needed to get to ).
( 4 ) For the last bolt you will need a 10 mm socket on a long ratchet bar , to get to it you need to feed the 10 mm socket into a hole in the side of the radiator main air duct as pictured while lying under the car with your hand pushed up under the bumpers lower lip ( its a bit hard to explain as the last bolt holds the extra lower lip on plus the fog light surround ) you will see what i mean if you ever have to take one out.
photo-31.jpg

( 5 ) Once the last bolt is out you can now pull the lower lip out from the wheel arch then forwards which lets you get to the fog light and surround ( The fog light will pull out as it`s only held in by a tab on the out edge ).
photo-25.jpg

photo-26.jpg

( 6 ) With the fog light out and disconected from the loom it should be posible to remove the screws that hold it to the surround ( one was already snaped and i had to cut through the second one with a hack saw blade although the adjuster screw came out with no problem ).
photo-27.jpg

photo-28.jpg

photo-29.jpg

I don`t have a replacement light to go back in at the moment i just wanted to take it out so there`s no danger of anyone cutting them selves on the broken glass ( like i do everytime i wash the car ) lol. I`ve removed the bulb plus holder and inserted a plastic cover between the black surround and the outer case of the fog light just to tidy it up.
photo-30.jpg

Putting it all back together is alot easier as theres no need to struggle with rusted bolts ( you will have already do this when taking it all apart ) :) .

I hope this will help a few owners out there with the same problem ( Its a shame Honda has made it so hard to get to ).

Good write up dude. + rep from me.

Can one of the mods move this to the DIY area so this info does not get bumped in to oblivion.

Nice write up Steve i will put this in the DIY section