What's new

Tyre constanly losing air

goody

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 03 2.0 exec
HI,
guys my front left tyres is constantly losing air, i changed the tyre but the problem persists any ideas what that might be....and another problem i have is that there is a whining sound when i am driving my car sounds like it coming from the front tyre any ideas? thanks..

knackered rim could cause the drop.

the whine could be a number of things... brakes, shafts...

Could just be the bead of the tyre is not sealing due to corrosion within the rim. I had this problem and Costco just cleaned the rim when they changed the tyre. Not all tyre places clean them properly or at all.

Did they change the valve or just the tyre? Check the wheel bearings as well for the sound.

It could be. They should have changed the valve as well as the tyre. Is it slow? A soapy solution might show if theres any leaks, or take it back and ask them to check for leaks.

Had an issue with this for ages. Finally got it into various garages to try and seal the rim to no avail. I've now just had my 16" rims refurbished by Powertec in Glasgow - phenomenal job, they look brand new.

you should ALLWAYS!!!! replace the valve. ive seen a few older honda alloys with plenty of corrosion inside the rims aswell so that could allso be causing the leak. i suggest you have the tyre removed again and the rim sanded and valve replaced........................PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE can you make sure valves are replaced at a tyre change. for the cost of £2 is it worth a blow out?