What's new

Tyre puncture repair foam refill

Spookie

Members
Reaction score
Car
iDTEC EX ADAS Tourer
My rear tyre puncture last week presented me with the following problems:

1. I drove on thew tyre for 20 miles without realising it was largely flat (rear tyre, motorway journey - no idea!) so the side walls were completely knackered on arrival at work, so much so that I couldn't drive the car to the tyre fitters. As it turns out the screw in the tyre was partially in the sidewall so a new tyre was needed regardless.
2. Even if I could get there no-one locally, not even the local Honda dealer could get a Yoko original fit tyre until Monday (I was therefore without the car for the weekend).
3. ***uming I could buy two new rears (Michelins) to side step the Yoko supply problem, I would have to try to top up the flat with the puncture foam / compressor kit, and buy a new foam bottle - £70!!! The whole fix under this outcome would be over £400. For one flat.

A couple of questions:

1. Has anyone found a supplier for the bottled tyre foam, compatible with the Honda inflator kit, at a more reasonable price?
2. Space saver spare - as above - what is the cost of these and is it an easy fit in place of the under floor storage cubby?

Cheers
Jason

just for peace of mind i bought a space-saver. it fits in the storage space perfectly.contact admin, get the discount code and phone Holdcroft Honda. they delivered mine in no time.

Is there room in the 8th gen for a full size (secondhand?) wheel to match your existing road wheels? That's what I'd aim to do (I know it is possible on the 7th gen with a 16" wheels, as that's what I did!).

I recently bought a new space saver and tool kit / foam insert for the 8th gen off fleabay paid £75 for it plus I had to collect it. Still considered it to be a bargain as I have been told as soon as you put that tyre goo in the tyre it knackers it, and as my car needed 4 new tyres how gutted would I of been if I got a nail in one after 20 miles. So I now have 4 brand new Pirrelli's, a space saver, and peace of mind. Incidently, the 8th gen space saver is a 16" wheel.

Ditch the foam and get a space saver from HH i paid around £150 brand new.