What's new

Upgrading 2007 i-CDTI Nav Unit to Android or Similar

ViperGRM

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2007 i-CDTI
HI folks,

Has anyone had any success with upgrading the nav unit in this model such as this one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Android-8-1-Car-Stereo-for-Honda-Accord-2003-2007-GPS-Navi-Wifi-Radio/362676448888?hash=item5471336e78:g:bboAAOSwNHBdBBct

The ad doesn't say if it works with the standard head unit, or if it can replace the nav unit directly. I'm really struggling to find the right info for this. The current nav unit as I'm sure you all know, is well outdated. The addition of Bluetooth would be nice too. Thanks all!

For the price I wouldn’t be so sure it’ll be any better to be honest. Not used this specific one but I have in the last fit many cheap double din units for people who could only afford them and the quality/lifespan weren’t great.

Your better off buying an accord double din fascia and fitting a premium double din unit from manufacturers such as kenwood/pioneer/clarion etc

Good ones are pricey but the quality is night and day when compared to cheap alternatives. I believe they also do premade iso harnesses to make it a plug and play Jobbie and keep some of the factory functions on the steering wheel working.

A5TR4L said:
For the price I wouldn’t be so sure it’ll be any better to be honest. Not used this specific one but I have in the last fit many cheap double din units for people who could only afford them and the quality/lifespan weren’t great.

Your better off buying an accord double din fascia and fitting a premium double din unit from manufacturers such as kenwood/pioneer/clarion etc

Good ones are pricey but the quality is night and day when compared to cheap alternatives. I believe they also do premade iso harnesses to make it a plug and play Jobbie and keep some of the factory functions on the steering wheel working.
Thanks for this post, but how do you get round the a/c controls if fitting an aftermarket double din?