What's new

Variavle timing control faulty?

beatport

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0
Hi everyone I need your help guys! I have a Honda Accord 2.0 ivtec sport 2005. I have problem with the idle of the car which is very low around 580rpm-600rpm and engine is shacking and working noisy. Also the Vtec doesnt really engages when it has to. The car was just fully serviced. The cylinder head was skimmed and new valves were fitted new timing chain kit all gaskets and seals changed and piston rings as well. I did that because the chain was for change and had a spare set of new valves, so now the engine mechanically is perfect now. I have obd delpi car program and in the real time data when i rev the car it shows that the variable lift control works. However the variable timing control it stays off even when I rev it. I dont know is it always engaged or when it engages it. From what I know(about the VTC) it has a valve on the side of the timing chain case which rushes the oil to the actuator gear on the camshaft. How can I find out is the problem come from the vtc system and which part is faulty. Many thanks to all who will help :D!