What's new

Voice Control Issue

Chriseybaby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 i-Vtec Ex
I have an odd problem with voice controls on my 2006 Accord. Some days it just wont work, then others it will work perfectly. Everything beeps as it should when buttons are pressed but it can never hear me. Its the same if I get a phone call, the person on the other end can't hear what Im saying.

Any ideas what it could be? Also where is the mic actually located?

try resetin the system there is a diy on this.
AS for the mic it is behind your roof lights and sunroof control.
there are 4 bolts to take out and 2 are behind the light lens

Use the Google seArch box on the top right of the screen ;)

Ok, I have afound the thread which shows how to remove the mic so I'll give that a go.

I did do a reset previously, on a day that it was working, and that didn't help

Is there anyway of updating the software for the phone? I find it really annoying that you can only use voice commands for it. I know the 8th gen allows you to pair your phonebook and import your contacts so you can scroll through them on screen

I would say no you can't update.
Another thing to check make sure your phone is compatible with the hft there is a thread with a link to the site.

Do you have sat nav? If so there's w hidden menu which will allow you to testthe mike.

Have you got the problem with just the phone voice commands, or do you have the same problem with the sat nav/ climate control/ audio commands.If its just the phone commands and no one can hear you when you do connect a call, i would suspect phone compatability, I had a similar prob couldnt hear any one , dropping calls, and that was with a compatable phone,changed phone no prob.

Steve

i presume you have the standard satnav?. you need to enter the diagnostic menu and calibrate the mic level.

Yes I have the standard sat nav. Its a problem with voice controls and sat nav.

I entered the menu to check out the mic level and it barely pics me up, but if I get close to it and shout it registers most of the bars.

How do you calibrate it?

In one of the menus you press the "speak" button on the steering wheel. The display says "recording" and then you press the "back" button.

Can't remember which of the two screens it is you need to be in, but they're easy enough to find if you have a look through the menus.

The relevant icons turn green when you press the respective button.

Well after messing around with the menu and removing part of the interior light ***embly, and putting it back after a poke around, ir magically seems to work again.

Fingers crossed its not just one of the 'good' days

Its funny you said this because this happened to me.ill find my post later i put it down to a loose connection on the mic.

glad it got sorted, possibly a connection issue...did you see white deposits on the connectors?...anyway if it works now...leave well alone :)