What's new

VSA and ABS

cossie894

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 ctdi
Hi,
This may have already been covered but im in a bit of a of a panic! I have the VSA, <!>, ABS lights all up on the dash. This is a 2004 model with 56k on it. My panic is that i have its MOT in 5 days and after speaking to the garage already they are telling me its a fail !!? Any ideas or help would be very appreciated.

Thanks as always.

It is an MOT fail, but you need to get the codes read and the car to someone who can handle the system properly. Hopefully it is just a sensor rather than a dead modulator/pump - 66-1 codes are bad.

I've recently had the same prob on my 04 model. Turned out to be n/s rear speed/wheel sensor fault. Was corroded & stuck. Removed the hub, drilled it out and replaced. £125 for the wheel/speed sensor though!!

from experience if just the vsa light is on the common thing is code 66.1.
If the abs light is on as well its normally an abs sensor gone

from experience if just the vsa light is on the common thing is code 66.1.
If the abs light is on as well its normally an abs sensor gone
I have vas light but ot abs light, which is not good - as you will see on the other thread. Sounds like you might have an easier problem on the wallet. Good luck !

I have vas light but ot abs light, which is not good - as you will see on the other thread. Sounds like you might have an easier problem on the wallet. Good luck !

Excuse the grammar in my last mail - I have read elsewhere that it is not automatically an MOT fail, maybe that is if just the VSA light is on and not the ABS. I purchased my car with the VSA light on (got good price with this in mind), it passed an MOT in March though - with the light on (Again VSA light not ABS).

If I cannot get the VSA module changes (long story on the board) will have to tackle the same subject myself next March for the next MOT.

Good luck.