What's new

Want to change my alloys!

goody

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 03 2.0 exec
Hi,
Guys I love this forum for the wealth of knowledge and information... I have a 03 accord ex that came with standard alloys which are quite frankly boring now..I want a nice set of alloys they do not have to be new ..I would like your recommendations on the various choices I can have. I have seen some very good alloys in the picture section,I do like the mazda alloys they look good but since they are not OEM i dont know if it will affect the handling!!. I have know idea what wheel size is on my standard alloys so i guess i am a newbie, what is maximum size I can go and how does it affect the handling?
I got a nice midnight blue honda but those alloys are letting it down LOL.... dont want to spend too much money but I want something that will match my car .Thanks

Penta, Storms, Rages (expensive) and the new new ones from Honda (can't remember the name) are my favourites.

I fail to see how the rim (unless lightweight) will affect the handling noticeably.

17"'s will look OEM nicely, but you will almost certainly start looking at wanting to drop it a smidge ;) trust me.

Penta, Storms, Rages (expensive) and the new new ones from Honda (can't remember the name) are my favourites.

I fail to see how the rim (unless lightweight) will affect the handling noticeably.

17"'s will look OEM nicely, but you will almost certainly start looking at wanting to drop it a smidge ;) trust me.

you are right about dropping it i am thinking about that that will certainly happen :D

Sorry to butt in, but I feel the same way about my alloys, if i can call em that.

I wanted some aswell.

I tried to attach my own picture but don't know how :blush: worked it out!! :D

BP501860P9.jpg

Think they are 17inch 10 spoke?? and want something simple and not too extravagant and I like them :D

Any idea on how much they would cost?

Best wheel choice on standard or even kitted accord has to be OEM, plus we have lots to choose from and they're decently priced save the Rages B)

Sorry to butt in, but I feel the same way about my alloys, if i can call em that.I wanted some aswell. I tried to attach my own picture but don't know how :blush: worked it out!! :D
BP501860P9.jpg
Think they are 17inch 10 spoke?? and want something simple and not too extravagant and I like them :DAny idea on how much they would cost?
Yes, I love these rims too. Anyone know what are they called?

They are called Thunder IIRC come in 17" or 18" they look like mini rages IMO.

Nowt wrong with aftermarket wheels but the offsets do change the feel of the car IME.

Does anyone know of any good offers going at the minute on either Pentas or Thunder alloys as shown above? I remember HH did a special offer on a couple sets of pentas

I have a small buckle in 2 of my pentas and might be interested in changing them or getting replacements

managed to pick up some pentas from a forum member for a really good price need two refurb two of them, but i did get them for a good price :D

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2003-2008-accord-wheels-c-14_35_574.html

At the risk of being a little 'boring' LOL, I like the Elipson alloys and am considering getting a set from p/x wheels in Blackpool. They will be the 17" ( currently on 16" oem alloys). Couple of questions :

1) Anyone had any dealings with p/x wheels in Blackpool?,
2) Will fitting the 17" Elipsons drastically affect ride quality/road noise,fuel economy ?

Cheers ACCO'

Q1 - nope
Q2 - not drastically, but it will look better.

Check for bubbling on the lacquer; I seem to remember they were prone to it.

are the mazda rims you're referring to the RX8 18's. They do look very good on our accords and i think they also share a highish offset like our cars too so they can go on no bother