What's new

Water in boot area - anyone experiencing?

Staddly

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Tourer
Anyone experiencing LOTS of water in the boot area of their 8th Gen?

I had one one of the small storage holes (below the woofer) get standing water in the bottom of a few months back. Dried that out and all was well. Went to get some stuff out of the loer storage area the other day (where the spare wheel would normally live) and the thing was full of water! Took out all the lining and there was quarter of an inch sitting in the wheel well. There was also now damp in other small cubby on the other side!

Boot seal looks in good condition......................puzzled!!

I will check mine but think its ok tbo and its a saloon.
All i can think is one of your drainage holes might be blocked causing this.Also have yours got the roof rails as someone hear with a 7th gen had water ingress though the rails.

I've had water pouring into mine since I bought it and only last weekend they got their fingers out at the garage and listened to me and it is not sorted.

Windscreen had been replaced and not sealed correctly. Now re sealed and sorted.

Door rubbers gone. New ones fitted.

Roof bars broken, dealer glued, problem not fixed. Second dealer said did you know your roof bars have been glued, yes by your other dealer! This dealer removed them and sealed and now the water has stopped. It was travelling in from fixing point running behind dash board, also onto side of drivers door and onto seat. It also finds its way down the rear into the boot. The seal is also iffy on the boot and the boot out of alignment. Where I live the wind blows the rain horizontally at the boot and was as well as getting down the roof bars getting past the boot seal and onto the ledge and dropping into the boot.

Yours I would say is either seal, alignment but check the roof bars if they've been carrying a roof box.

Honda have luckily in my case covered any electrical problems with the car for the next 6 years because of this. This is honda warranty I spoke to directly not through the dealer.

Fingers crossed these problems are sorted now only a few more to fix lol

I have to laugh now the time this is taking :D

Wow guys, not what you expect from Honda!

Mine seems dry so far touch wood, except for the passenger door, think the membrane behind the trim has detached as I get some water on the tread strips after rain or a wash.

My boot is bone dry though,I have a full size spare, so the carpet is out under the floor, and its bone dry.

Might be worth checking the back lights are water tight....behind the cluster the cable runs through a rubber boot into the boot of the car, if this isnt sitting properly, may leak?

Undo the 2 screws under the grey plastic caps, the the lights slide out to the side (not the rear, catches some folks out).

All the best.

Cheers for the heads up. Never even considered it could be the roof bars!!

I did wonder if it could be tracking in from the rear lights at the boot gutter drain just seems to run down until it hits the lights. There doesn't seem to be a bypass around them which is strange.

To be honest it never occurred to me to be roof bars either.

I think it has probably been a small company hack and not loved.

I got some free gifts from dealer when I got it back as well........5 scratches down to metal on back wing and door when mechanic was obviously fixing roof bars :(

I've had water entering an old impreza via rear lights before as the seals had gone on them.

As rich says worth checking