What's new

Water in rear pass. footwell

Just to let you all know, following some torrential rain, some deliberate puddle splashing etc over the last week. Nice dry carpet, the fix is good.

Good to hear that you got sorted although that was a hefty bill to have to fork out especially at this time of the year.

Do you know any more specifics as to where exactly the leak was? Would love to get my leak sorted as there is now a damp smell in the car.

Good to hear that you got sorted although that was a hefty bill to have to fork out especially at this time of the year.

Do you know any more specifics as to where exactly the leak was? Would love to get my leak sorted as there is now a damp smell in the car.

No thats all the report said, it's a grommet in the near side bulkhead footwell, so i ***ume its a grommet in the body work under the door or in the floor. I thought it might be where the body kit skirts attached or nearby. Might be worth getting a hose on the underside and around the bottom of the door. Like most folks i though *** was the membrane so i was working water from the roof initially.

Well that's just the start of the bill because those new discs and shoes are now damaged as the calipers seized again (after being fixed by the dealers), back to the dealers tomorrow for the ball joint, they better be fixing the brakes on their buck because i ain't Mr Honda Happiness at the moment, That back wheel was burning hot!

Sorry to resurrect this thread but have been watching it for years having the same issue with a 2008 (2007) Accord Tourer.
Apologies too for not being around much in the last few years but have had health issues which meant I lost my licence.
Still have the car though which is mostly pink instead of Red now and it seems to fill up with water when it rains.
What I have noticed though which seems different to everyone else is that my pool of water appears under the carpet and not above. the carpet stays dry.
I have removed the passenger seat and carpet and the water appears to start from somewhere near under the glove box.
Is this a favourite for the sunroof drains or a leaky windscreen?
It's clean water and not cooling solution.