What's new

WATER LEAK

bobfish45

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 estate
How disappointing, after removing and sealing the roof rail tracks on my estate, I find that under the carpet is wet again, though not as bad. When I did the job I lifted the rear carpets and dried out the wet, then proceeded to play the hosepipe on the car starting at the bottom of the door and working upwards when satisfied there was no ingress from that area. By the time I had finished soaking the roof, it was all dry with no water ingress visible. Now, it is damp again. Has anyone else had, and solved this problem ? my boot area is dry. Many thanks chaps,:(:(:(

I've had this problem last year. The seams when you open the boot if you look each side below your gutter trim you'll see a line below each. I sealed these and had no water for ages. Not used car for ages as been using wife's but now it's back as the sealant has come off white I sealed the seams. So makes me wonder if I did cure it so I've bought some proper body sealant to do the job properly.
Ps do you have bars on as I can't even get the covers off the bars to look at the tracks

I've had this problem last year. The seams when you open the boot if you look each side below your gutter trim you'll see a line below each. I sealed these and had no water for ages. Not used car for ages as been using wife's but now it's back as the sealant has come off white I sealed the seams. So makes me wonder if I did cure it so I've bought some proper body sealant to do the job properly.
Ps do you have bars on as I can't even get the covers off the bars to look at the tracks
Thanks for the reply Brett. The covers are difficult. On the front part, put a trim tool between roof and cover and bend down 'till plastic cover springs out, then a little furthur along do the same, you will see how the tabs fit. There is one tab on the top joining it to the middle rail, repeat on the rear part. On the middle, feel toward the side away from you and you'll feel an edge, pull toward you and the black cover will pop off, hope that makes sense, cheers.

cheers for this. i have now took the roof rails off. brilliant thank mate