What's new

What are the realistic power gains on a 2.4 Type S?

Project-Khan

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S 2003
Evening dude's

What kind of modifications other than Induction Kits and Re-maps can we look to add to improve the overall grunt and speed of the Accord 2.4 Type S? If anyone has any info regarding specific parts or how much they are currently pumping out, including bhp readings that would be awesome. Having read through some posts some serious fun can be had with the 2.4 engine.....

Salute's to the Accord peoples!

Apart from the basics I think cams would be a good move, handling mods can also make the Accord alot of fun and competitive.

The ecu is the limiting factor. A mate of mine has a k24a3 short block with an ep3 head, simple bolt ons and hondata kpro mapped in his ep3. End result 240hp and 200 lbft torque. So the engine is more than capable of 100bhp/litre easy, its the ecu with its daft drive by wire throttle that's the issue.

Anojan has tested various ecu setups on his type s and only the motec m400 worked best. Aem ems and hondata kpro both had issues with vsa and cruise control. I've heard dta s60 might also work, but its a lot of money to experiment with. I'm sure Anojan said all in his motec setup plus mapping cost over 2k!

sure can, im sure the boys at icetronix across the water in ireland managed 300bhp NA from a K24 in an ej2 civic :eek:

take a tip from Oz's book sort the chassis and make it a more competitive car thru the handling.

Power is nothing without control :cool: